As always, Pinterest is where I found this recipe. I searched for cake batter brownies because I fascinated by how many things you can morph a cake mix into. It's quite interesting. I searched on Pinterest recipes for cake batter brownies, and found a mixture of both a brownie mix and a funfetti mix to make a delicious treat. I decided to wait until Easter to make the cake batter brownies, so that I could contribute to the Easter meal for a dessert. I like contributing, it helps me grow up a little. This recipe is really simple to make. Not a lot of fuss, really quick and easy.
Cake Batter Brownies from Cookies and Cups blog.
~1 box of "Funfetti" cake mix.
~1/2 cup of coconut oil (or vegetable oil)
~1/2 cup of milk (I used almond milk)
~1 "family" sized box of brownie mix
(brownie batter instructions on box)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Spray or swipe a 9x13 pan with cooking spray/vegetable oil
- In a mixing bowl, mix together the "Funfetti" cake mix with the egg, milk and oil. Set aside. The 'batter' will be very dense.
- Once "Funfetti" is made, spread the dense batter in the bottom of the prepared 9x13 pan.
- Make the brownie batter (instructions are on the back of the brownie mix box)
- You can put sprinkles on top of the brownie batter, but that is optional.
- Pour the brownie batter over the "Funfetti" cake mix, put in the oven for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Eat and enjoy!
I got great feedback from my sister, but I didn't have a chance to ask everybody else if they liked it. I am assuming they liked it. I hope they liked it! I thought it was great! I would make it again. It's really very good.